Are you interested in working in the emerging field of Commercial and Industrial Marketing including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments?
Our employees are trained in the latest technologies and complimented by years of field “know-how.” Our work environment is collaborative, but every member of the team takes personal responsibility for everything they produce.
We are seeking Software Engineer candidates that are self-motivated and eager for new challenges. The ideal candidate has a desire to learn an industry that utilizes new cutting-edge technology. If you possess top-notch technical skills with the ability to continually grow, then join our team.
- Responsible for new product development of embedded Linux applications focusing on the areas of network communications, security, and management, as well as IoT, Edge Computing, and Cloud Computing applications.
- Integrates technology into working solutions for customers.
- Designs, implements, builds, tests, and maintains Linux-based software applications and modules.
- Regularly interfaces with customers to develop requirements and update products to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for staying ahead of the curve in the knowledge of new and emerging radio communications and software technologies.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Three to Five years experience working on full software development lifecycle a commercially released software product is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in developing, maintaining, and modifying a wide range of applications.
- Experience with RF communications technologies is preferred.
- Experience with industry-standard device communications protocols such as IPv6, DNP3, Modbus, HTTP, CoAP, TLS, MQTT is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to see System Solution Designs from Conception to Completion
- Business Expertise / Technical Skill
- Customer Focus/Interfacing
- Detail Orientation / Accuracy
- Interpersonal Communication Skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in Linux applications development using the “C” programming language
- Results Focus
- Technical Communications Skills (team members and customers)
- Thrives on New Challenges
Location: Rochester, NY
Compensation: Salary and Benefits
Council Rock is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Please send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org