Are you a top sales performer who will accept nothing less than being best in the emerging field of Commercial and Industrial Marketing including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments?
Council Rock is seeking a talented “hunter” Sales Director who is responsible for leading the pivotal sales effort of our innovative TELiG family of Industrial LTE Routers, VISTA network management, and other integrated cloud-based services. The Sales Director will be responsible for accelerating revenue growth for Council Rock by developing, maintaining, and effectively managing customer accounts in Commercial and Industrial Markets including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments as well as key partner relationships. Revenue objectives will be met through implementing effective sales strategies in delivering Council Rock’s suite of solutions to Commercial and Industrial companies across multiple market segments.
Joining the Council Rock team means a commitment to our core values. We’re a dynamic start-up company in high-growth mode. The ideal candidate will be a hunter helping to drive 50k to $1M+ deals to closure in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Responsible for achieving targets set by the Company.
- Effectively utilizes resources, including presales engineers, professional services personnel, and executive resources to win new business.
- Develops contacts into leads and works through the entire sales cycle, including responding to RFPs, writing proposals and quotations, deal negotiation, and all other aspects of the sales cycle.
- Identifies, qualifies, signs, and sells to Council Rock VAR channel, developing direct relationships aligned to Commercial and Industrial markets.
- Identifies, develops, and articulates the compelling value proposition to prospective customers, partners, and end-users.
- Provides confident, high-energy presentations and proposals, leads meetings with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Identifies and addresses business questions demonstrating meticulous follow-up and responsiveness to customers and internal staff.
- Ensures that individual and team actions build the organization’s reputation for excellent business practices.
- Gathers data from prospects and customers to properly qualify business potential to produce reliable business forecasting.
- Contributes to the development of the Council Rock sales team, proposing improvements to process likely to increase sales efficacy and efficiency.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Accounting and/or related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum of eight years of B2B direct sales experience in high-value technical solutions.
- Minimum of five years selling hardware and/or software solutions within the Commercial and Industrial Markets including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Enterprise, or other related verticals.
- Experience working both direct and indirect sales models.
- Experience with building Channel Partner network.
- Proven track record of new business prospecting skills, meeting and exceeding new business quota targets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to Sell Solutions and rapidly develop pipeline of active opportunities (HW, SW, and services, including recurring revenue)
- Ability to work independently and as a Team Member
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Customer Focus
- Detail Orientation / Accuracy
- Exceptionally Personable, Optimistic, and Diligent
- Highly Credible in a Competitive Sales Environment
- Interpersonal Communication and Presentation Skills (written and oral)
- Leadership Skills
- Organizing Skills
- Personal Energy & Enthusiasm
- Problem Solver
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Results Focus
- Self-starter and Independent Producer
- Strong Business Ethics and Network
- Thrives Under Pressure
- Time Management
- Understanding of Wireless Technologies, especially in the LTE, PLTE, and 5G space
Location: Rochester, NY
Compensation: Salary and Benefits
Council Rock is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.