Business Development Specialist
Are you interested in becoming a top inside sales performer who will accept nothing less than being best in the emerging field of Commercial and Industrial Marketing including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments?
Council Rock is seeking a qualified business development specialist to extend our reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. This position is responsible for helping to grow and expand our portfolio of LTE-enabled products and telecom professional services.
The ideal candidate is eager and has a desire to learn an industry that utilizes new cutting-edge technology. Council Rock offers compensative pay, benefits, mentoring, and a path for career growth and development. Recent sales, marketing, or business college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Joining the Council Rock team means a commitment to our core values. We are a dynamic start-up company in high-growth mode.
- Manages both existing sales pipelines and develops new business opportunities.
- Develops and implements overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company.
- Performs market research to identify new opportunities and engage with key stakeholders to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Drives revenue and market share in a defined territory.
- Supports outside Sales Directors and partners with quoting, business development, and proposal support.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, and delegates tasks that achieve strategic goals.
- Answers customer questions regarding product features, availability, and pricing.
- Generates lists of potential customers using leads from existing customers, trade shows, business directories, and other resources.
- Assists in the management of company CRM.
- Supports sales & marketing with various sales outreach programs and sales campaigns.
- Develops long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Business, Accounting and/or related field.
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation is preferred.
- Working experience with sales techniques.
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Experience with CRM software is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Detail Orientation / Accuracy
- Exceptionally personable
- Interpersonal Communication Skills (written and oral)
- Leadership Skills
- Organizing Skills
- Personal Energy & Enthusiasm
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Results Focus
- Time Management