RF Field Technician
Are you interested in working in the emerging field of Commercial and Industrial Marketing including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments?
Our employees are trained in the latest technologies and complimented by years of field “know-how.” Our work environment is collaborative, but every member of the team takes personal responsibility for everything they produce.
We are seeking RF Field Technician candidates that are self-motivated and eager for new challenges. The ideal candidate has a desire to learn an industry that utilizes new cutting-edge technology. If you possess top-notch technical skills with the ability to continually grow, then join our team.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading RF systems, such as wireless Internet access points, cellular telephone antennas, satellite systems, amplifiers, two-way radios, and other radio equipment.
- Follows detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform routine maintenance on all radio interface equipment.
- Performs installation of radio and ancillary equipment at client sites.
- Performs site surveys, documents findings and evaluate site candidate.
- Troubleshoots IP networking issues.
- Troubleshoots AC and DC power systems.
- Provides service delivery and assurance of all radio interface network elements.
- Responsible for installation/repair and maintenance of antenna systems, base systems, battery back-up systems, broadband and microwave systems.
- Performs quality control to ensure the site is fully commissioned and meets design specifications.
- Updates and/or creates documentation as required.
- Attends program/project team meetings.
- Travels to client site as need, approximately 25% travel mostly within the state of New York. Percentage of travel may vary based on client needs.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Knowledge in Microwave, SCADA communications, Cellular, Broadband Industries.
- CCENT, CCNA, or similar certification preferred
- CPR/AED and Certification preferred; if not certified, Council Rock will provide certification training at the time of hire.
- OSHA-10 certification preferred; if not certified, Council Rock will provide certification training at the time of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to interface with customers
- Adaptability / Flexibility and resourcefulness in challenging and perplexing situations
- Business Expertise / Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Detail Orientation / Accuracy
- Knowledge of wireless RF communications and principles
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with the use of relevant wireless tools and test equipment.
- Proficiency with inventory tools and procedures.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances on and off-road and to tow trailers
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely is exposed to the external work environment, therefore will be exposed to hot, humid, raining, cold, windy conditions, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds independently and up to 90 pounds with assistance, if necessary.
- Ability to climb ladders and steep staircases as well as structures over 150 feet and above.
- Dexterity to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, constant rotation of movement, such as, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, reaching, and squatting.
Location: Rochester, NY
Compensation: Salary and Benefits
Council Rock is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Please send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org