Technical Solutions Engineer
Are you interested in working in the emerging field of Commercial and Industrial Marketing including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments?
Our employees are trained in the latest technologies and complimented by years of field “know-how.” Our work environment is collaborative, but every member of the team takes personal responsibility for everything they produce.
We are seeking Technical Solutions Engineer candidates with wireless experience that are self-motivated and eager for new challenges. The ideal Technical Solutions Engineer candidate has a desire to learn an industry that utilizes new cutting-edge technology. If you possess top-notch technical skills with the ability to continually grow, then join our team.
The Technical Solutions Engineer is a customer-facing position that works closely with the Sales and Marketing Department. The position works closely to assist Sales Directors, Value Added Resellers, and Partners along with direct end-user customers to grow and promote Council Rock’s suite of Industrial IoT solutions. The Technical Solutions Engineer is capable of leading solution-driven discussions with the customer and mapping customer business requirements to technical solutions. They provide technical advisory services to customers to analyze and develop all aspects of the solution – network, hardware, software, infrastructure, and related technology components.
The Technical Solutions Engineer will focus on expanding the company’s business with current and emerging technologies within the Grid Modernization space for Electric Utilities, Intelligent Transportation, 5G, Enterprise, and Smart Cities.
- Gathers information from customers on their needs and creates applications as needed to match their desires.
- Assists Sales Directors, Value Added Resellers and Partners with pre-sales activities as the technical SME
- Coordinates with Sales Directors, Value Added Resellers, and Partners to support customer needs for proposals, presentations, training and participates in bid meetings and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary.
- Coordinates with Sales Directors, Value Added Resellers, and Partners to support customer relationship building and establish a trusted advisor model for customer success.
- Leads and supports top-level solution architectures conversations and guide customers and partners on desirable solutions to meet the customer business needs
- Strategically positions Council Rock’s Private Networks value proposition that supports Use Cases for Grid Modernization, Intelligent Transportation, Enterprise, Smart Cities, and other industrial verticals.
- Identifies the technical needs of our targeted customers, supports discovery calls and proposes solutions as appropriate.
- Provides a strong interface with the marketing/commercialization/product organizations to develop high-value solutions and assist with creating specific requirements which leverages/expand Council Rock’s Industrial IoT solution portfolio.
- Works with Product Management to provide inputs on technical requirements based on customer conversations
- Works with Sales Directors, Value Added Resellers, and Partners to help coordinate pre-sales considerations and architecture solutions that support Customer business objectives.
- Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with Partners and Customer(s) to drive product solution adoption and continued value of products and services.
- Provides remote and in-person level 1 and level 2 support to customers and partners.
- Travels to client site as needed, approximately 50% travel mostly within North America customer offices and job sites as well as partner office. The percentage of travel may vary based on client needs.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Networking, or related field.
- Five to 10 years of related critical infrastructure industry experience such as utilities, transportation, smart cities.
- Experience with a systems-based approach to designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining IT, and network infrastructure.
- Extensive experience working with current and emerging wireless communications technologies such as 4G/LTE, 5G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, wireless mesh, Wi-Fi 6, and proprietary wireless technologies.
- Experience with Fiber a preferred.
- Experience supporting sales activities and account management.
- Experience with software installation, configuration, and testing.
- Experience providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support to customers and partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to see System Solution Designs from Conception to Completion
- Communication skills so they can discuss instructions with all parties included in the project and answer all questions a customer may have on how the software works
- Customer Service Focus/Interfacing
- Detail-oriented skills to ensure all parts of an application come together and work as intended
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work with all others that may be included in the project to ensure it works properly
- Problem-solving skills are important to ensure any issues that arise during the design and testing processes are fixed
- Results Focus
- Technical Communications Skills (team members and customers)
- Thrives on New Challenges
Location: The ideal candidate will be located near Rochester, NY. The position may also be based remotely near a major airport.
Compensation: Salary and Benefits
Council Rock is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.