Are you interested in working in the emerging field of Commercial and Industrial Marketing including Utilities, Smart Campus, Smart Cities, Mining, Water, and other market segments?
Our employees are trained in the latest technologies and complimented by years of field “know-how.” Our work environment is collaborative, but every member of the team takes personal responsibility for everything they produce.
We are seeking Systems Engineer candidates that thrive on new challenges. The ideal Systems Engineer candidate has a desire to learn an industry that utilizes new cutting-edge technology. If you possess top-notch technical skills with the ability to continually grow, then join our team.
- Participates in Teams Consisting of Systems Engineers, Project Managers, RF Design Engineers, Network Engineers, Customer Representatives, and Subcontractors.
- Supports with writing technically sound proposals describing engineering solutions and coverage/capacity/performance expectations including:
- System Architecture
- Bill of Materials Definition
- Cyber-security Requirements
- Statements of Work
- Service requirements
- Network performance
- Responsible for Final Design and implementation of a private radio network (LTE, mesh, Wi-Fi) including infrastructure
- Performs systems testing, verification, and work to resolve issues related to new Radio product offerings
- Writes non-complex scripts to automate test set-ups and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of existing, current, and newly developed CPE products and components (eNB, EPC)
- Assists with creation of Test Plan, Trouble Reports, automation scripts, MOP, and generate resolution reports
- Prepares technical reports, compiles and analyzes data, and engineering information for the effective communication of processes, results, plans, recommendations, and conclusions.
- Designs of power systems and system power backup.
- Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies through attendance and participation at conferences and by reading technical journals, publications, and Website technical resources.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or Networking, or in a related field.
- Five years of Engineering or Wireless Communications experience
- Experience/knowledge in radio communication systems, radio propagation, RF, wireless, or broadband/LTE is highly desirable.
- Experience, good understanding, and working knowledge in IP networking, network design methodologies & troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, L2/L3, MPLS) are highly desirable.
- Certifications through CompTIA Network+, Juniper JNCIA-Junos, Nokia NRS1, CCNA, or similar, are highly desirable.
- Prior experience in 4G/5G telecommunications engineering activities is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communication skills so they can discuss instructions with all parties included in the project and to answer all questions a customer may have on how the software works
- Customer Service Focus/Interfacing
- Detail-oriented skills to ensure all parts of an application come together and work as intended
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work with all others that may be included in the project to ensure it works properly
- Problem-solving skills are important to ensure any issues that arise during the design and testing processes are fixed
- Results Focus
- Technical Communications Skills (team members and customers)
- Thrives on New Challenges
Location: Rochester, NY
Compensation: Salary and Benefits
Council Rock is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.