The Supply Chain Strategist defines, develops, and manages the ongoing performance of the supply chain for goods and services as it relates to new product commercialization.
The Supply Chain Strategist is responsible for developing and executing best practices in supply chain operations. The Supply Chain Strategist is responsible for ensuring all supply chain systems, processes and related controls are meeting the needs of the business. The Supply Chain Strategist works closely with Operations and Engineering to help define and understand business needs, project requirements, and develops the best source for each situation.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
These duties can be performed with or without accommodation:
- Develops supply base, including buying strategies to purchase and achieve timely deliveries of goods and services.
- Negotiates prices, terms, and quality requirements with suppliers.
- Establishes supplier scorecard and manages suppliers to ensure they maintain high product quality.
- Maximizes financial recovery from suppliers for any non-conformance to Council-Rock requirements.
- Manages item master, inventory, inventory controls, and processes.
- Establishes and manages the RMA process.
- Resolves complex delivery, quality, or other related problems with purchases. Develops project plans to implement solutions if needed.
- Develops cost-saving proposals including process improvements, design improvements, and alternative sourcing.
- Maintains ERP information system integrity and data accuracy. Manages P.O.’s through ERP.
- Drives cross-functional strategic initiatives to continuously improve overall cost structure.
- Drives improvement in inventory availability and ensures the company makes efficient supply chain decisions.
- Drives cross-functional projects to support new strategic initiatives
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Material, Supply Chain Leadership, Business, and/or related engineering field.
- Two to three years of supply chain experience preferred.
- Experience with researching, building & maintaining cost models that support product road map decisions or New Product initiatives preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Skills/Attention to Detail
- Business Management/Entrepreneurial Skills
- Customer Focus
- Detail Orientation / Accuracy
- Diplomatic relationship building
- Communication and Influencing Skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Leadership Skills
- Personal Energy & Enthusiasm
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Project Planning, Tracking, and Organizational Skills
- Results Focus
- Strong Knowledge of component manufacturing process
- Supplier Negotiations regarding pricing, quality, technology, and timing
- Time Management
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role routinely is exposed to standard office equipment. May have occasional exposure to different types of chemicals, allergens such as dust, pollen, mold, etc. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. On occasional this role is exposed to the external work environment, therefore might be exposed to hot, humid, raining, cold, windy conditions, etc. May involve travel to office locations and professional development.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their hands in a repetitive motion typing, reaching, grasping, and sitting.
Council Rock is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Please send cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org